Rose water is putting roses in water …. yes roses in water. It is an anti-oxidant, it contains Vitamin: A, C, E and B3, anti-aging properties, relieve digestion, aids in digestion, keep respiratory issues in check and decrease bloating. It adds shine to the hair and hydrate skin for a healthy glow. It is a mood enhancer and aids in depression, it balances emotion and calm down the nerve.
Rosewater for drinking
- Fill Jar with water
- Add a handful of clean rose petals in the jar
- Infuse for a day or two
- Remove and drain the water.
Benefit For Skin
- Skin Tonic – Rose water contains astringent and is helpful with skin blotchiness. It can be used after cleansing skin and before a moisturizer. It is anti-inflammatory and is good in treating acne, facial redness and eczema.
- Skin Hydration – Drinking rose water hydrates skin from the inside giving it a healthy glow and dewy look.
- Anti-Aging – Rose water is an antioxidant, it reduces sign of aging, fine line and wrinkles.
RoseWater Facial Mask Recipe
I have blogged about the benefit of masking. Rose water calms the skin down and aids in anti-aging of skin.
- 8 Fresh Rose Petals
- 3 Tablespoon homemade Rosewater (recipe above)
- 1 Tablespoon yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Cut Roses and add to homemade rosewater
- Add honey and yogurt to rose petal water
- Combine and apply to face for ten minutes
- Rinse off
Rosewater Bath for Calming Irritated Skin
- Fill bathtub with water
- Add rose petals inside and let it sit for 10 mins or longer
- Lay inside bathtub
- Rinse off afterwards