Healthy skin is extremely important and it takes more than good genes to have flawless glowing skin. Daily habits and the food you consume has a big impact on how your skin will look like! Skin regenerates itself approximately every 27 days so the food you consume and product you use today determines how your skin will look like in the future. Below is a recommended routine that you should consider when creating a skincare routine. Consistency is important in reaping the benefit of products you use on your skin.
- Step One: Get Skin Ready
- Step Two: Treat Skin
- Step Three: Hydrate & Calm
- Step Four: Protect Skin
STEP ONE – Getting Skin Ready.
- Cleanse – Cleansing skin daily/twice daily help get skin ready by removing dirt, toxins, irritants from skin’s surface for a clear complexion. Cleaning face is important to avoid clogged pores, dullness and acne. Below is a guide on what to look for when choosing a cleanser.
|Skin Type||Cleanser Type||Function|
|Oily or Acne Prone||Foaming Liquid||This cleanser breaks down dirt and excess sebum from pores.|
|Dry, Red and/ Eczema Prone||Cream or Lotion||Contains emollients that wipe away impurities while hydrating skin|
|Sensitive||Micellar Water||Contains molecules that removes oil and dirt without drying out skin.|
|Mature||Melting Balm||Used without water to dissolve heavy makeup and is soothing.|
Note: For acne prone skin look for non-comedogenic products. Non-comedogenic means it doesn’t clog pores or trigger acne.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliating Skin once/twice a week polish skin to restore smoother texture and give it a healthy glow. Removing dry/dead skin increases blood circulation, breaking down toxins and encourages new skin cell to form. It is important to add an exfoliating routine in your skincare. Please Note: Over Exfoliating skin strips skin of its natural moisture and it leads to dryness. It is important for skin to retain its natural moisture for a more balance PH.
- Tone – Toning skin once/twice daily balance skin PH level. This is important in delivering extra shot of nutrients, helping the other products in your regimen absorb better, while still balancing the PH of your skin. When looking for a toner, look for a toner with ingredients that will nourish and replenish your skin.
|Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids gently remove dead skin cells that can clog pores, improve sun-damaged skin and minimize dullness.|
|Hyaluronic Acid boost hydration, seal in dewiness and plump skin to subtly treat fine lines.|
|Rose Water & Green Tea to calm irritation and reduce redness with an anti-inflammatory effect.|
|Vitamin C & E to fight daily exposure to free radicals that can age skin.|
STEP TWO – TREAT
- Treatment – Treatment is a key step in achieving dramatic results. This is the step to treat acne, hyperpigmentation, repair skin, pigment treatment or other skin issues.
|Hyaluronic acid is used to seal in hydration and strengthen the barrier function (the top layer of your skin) to prevent moisture loss.|
|Vitamin C is used to brighten dull skin and decrease dark spots with continued use.|
|Retinol, Vitamin B3, Peptides is used to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, proteins in the body that help prevent lines and skin sagging.|
|Colloidal Sulfur, Niacinamide is used to calm redness and irritation by decreasing inflammation, and improve acne with its antimicrobial effects.|
STEP THREE – HYDRATE
- Moisturizer – Hydrate and Soften Skin
|Oily||Gel Moisturizer||Mostly Water based and absorbs quickly into skin|
|Normal Or Combination||Lotion||More moisturizing than gel and absorbs well.|
|Dry||Cream and Soft Cream||Oil Based and heavier than a lotion|
|Inflamed or Sensitive||Balm||Like A Cream, Good for dry skin and has a heavier texture|
- Eye Cream – The eye area is extremely sensitive and the skin around the eye is thin and fragile. It is important to keep it hydrated to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles.
|Under Eye Bags and Inflammation||Use Caffeine, peptides and hyaluronic acid|
|Dark circles:Visible Veins or Actual discoloration||Use Brigthening ingredients: Vitamin C, Kojic Acid, Niacinamide|
STEP FOUR – SUNSCREEN
- SunScreen protect skin against harmful uva/uba rays. The ozone layer is depleting and harmful rays from the sun can cause sun burn, make hyperpigmentation worst and can trigger certain skin disorders. Sunscreen prevent premature aging and protect skin essentials like collagen, elastin and keratin. Look for sunscreen with Titanium dioxide, Octyl methoxycinnimate (OMC), Avobenzone (also parsol) and Zinc oxide. Choose a sunscreen that is waterproof and contain a minimum of SPF 30.